What do you think of my blog?

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lent, Excercising and potty training OH MY!

I will be writing a little earlier today due to the birthday dinner i am attending tonight! Grandma(P's Grandma) turns 80 today!! Uncle R and Uncle M will be in town and we cant be more thrilled to spend time with them! Even the boys are excited!

Now on to the title..I think it is pretty self explanatory. I have just finished week one of lent..YES YAHOOOOOWEE i did it..I know and I'm sure you are thinking to yourselves.Don't get to excited you still have (5?) or so more weeks left..Well let me tell you..I gave up ALL sweets.Any type of desert or anything yummy you name it i gave it up.For me that is HUGE! I am the type of person that HAS to have desert every night. Along with giving up desert i have made a commitment to myself that i will exercise 4-5 times a week and also improve my eating habits.Along with giving up ANY type of fast food.(Now I'm sure you are thinking uh wait..isn't that supposed to be a life long goal and not a 40 day goal?) and the answer is YES! It just my jump start. So on to the exercising part..I have started P90X and holy "BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP" is it hard? (did you get the bleep part? i sure hope so.) But i can already tell a HUGE difference in my moods!!

Now on to the potty training I go. So we are in week three i believe of potty training. And i am rather surprised at how well it is going. We have had only 2 accidents!..er wait...i did the "WE" thing again...FML..See how your brain works when you have children?!!! K and K are going pee independently and i rarely have to ask" Hey boys you need to go pee?! Or really then why are you tugging at your" junk" then? Penis AKA "Junk" :D Now if only we can get the pooping in the potty down...UGH!!!!!........K and K are even wearing underwear out every place we go now and during nap time!! Oh yes i forgot to tell you...wait..you ready for it?...I go through 20, YES i said 20 pairs of underwear in one week!!! Boy am i glad im not going through that in diapers anymore...And that equals a whole LOT of laundry...

Ah ha! A little something i learned...When your two year old is throwing a tantrum in the middle of the living room and wont stop..Turn the TV put on MTV music channel(for COX people its 150) turn it up realllllly loud and tell that child "DANCE PARTY TIME!!!!" Let me tell ya snaps them out of it like you wouldn't believe!! Works for me every time! In my house we have frequent dance parties! Doesn't get any better than seeing your two year old shake some booootay!!! :D <3

Bernie Ru

2 comments:

  1. Nice redirection strategy. I can use Yo Gabba Gabba with Mila!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you!! It seems to be the ONLY way to snap them out of it!! :)

    ReplyDelete